Activities to do in Costa Rica
Finally we arrived to the green paradise, preparing for all the activities to do in Costa Rica! Better late than never…
Imagine our happiness when we after 20 hours of travelling reached our hotel, Arenal Volcano Inn. Here, we found a big luxurious bungalow with a beautiful view of the volcano itself.
Costa Rica is a true paradise for nature and adventure lovers. Wherever you go there is forest, forest and forest – a bit like our own “little land” (Småland) – just a totally different forest. And in every corner there is a personal adventure waiting for you!
Would you like to stay at Arenal Volcano Inn. THEN BOOK IT HERE!
River Rafting Costa Rica
So, no time to be wasted, as many activities to do in Costa Rica awaited. First out was River Rafting, level II and III. Seeing the river and listening to the guide talking about what to do when falling into the water, well. We were both getting a bit nervous, but off we went…!
Level III – what an adventure!!! Yes, it was scary. However, after the first bumps and waves of water coming over you, we both started to enjoy the ride! See it all below!
Horseback Riding Costa Rica
Next out was horseback riding in the rain forest and a visit to La Fortuna waterfall, one of our favorite activities to do in Costa Rica. So great to be back on a horse again and Fredrik turned out to be a natural talent:)!
Exploring Costa Rica
Walking down the stairs surrounded by the rain forest made our minds drift back to the Inca Trail. Hidden in this jungle we found a beautiful oasis and waterfall from which many model shootings have been made and so we arrange one of our own!
Then it started to rain and ones again we got home soaking wet…
Rainy Day in Costa Rica
The next destination was Monteverde, the backpackers’ and bird watchers’ paradise. Let me put it like this… We were not overwhelmed by happiness when we arrived to our small, damp and very basic room after hours on bad bumpy roads, up and down the mountains. The temperature of 15 degrees did not help our mood as we set out to our activities to do in Costa Rica.
However, after a good nights sleep we were in a good mood again and at 7 am, in the pouring rain, off we went to the Cloud Forest.
Entering this place was such a cool experience, even for us non nature experts. The different vegetation, the life and the fantastic eco system of our nature, all in one place. We were lucky to see monkeys and birds like the Quetzal, that are rarely seen.
All of a sudden the silence was broken by a loud crash and down fell a HUGE tree… right at the spot where we were only seconds ago. Luckily, this time we were not in the wrong place at the wrong time…
Zipline in Costa Rica
You should save the best of activities to do in Costa Rica for last and so we did. Last out was the Zip Line!
I have always been afraid of heights and what was not cured during the Inca Trail for sure disappeared here. Our agency had booked the SKY Zip Line, which is not among the trees but ABOVE both trees and clouds – high up in the cloud forest! Just climbing up the stairs to the platforms is something I thought I would never do. But there and then I did it – we did! After nervously throwing yourself out on the first couple of rides, even I dared to open my eyes to enjoy the stunning view!
What happened in the end at the vertical drop, still we can not grasp. BUT WE DID IT!!! One thing is for sure, I am now officially cured from any fear of heights! Enjoy the amazing views and our FIRST VERTICAL DROP below!
More on Travel with a Silver Lining
- For more on Costa Rica, check out the blog’s section on the country. You can also read about Ylang Ylang in Montezuma and my favorite hotels in Costa Rica!
- Are you a fan of adventure travel? We went on many adventures when visiting South America! Read all about our trip to the Iguazú Falls here, and began the Inca Trail in Cusco here. And don’t forget to read about our tortuous yet amazing Inca Trail trek, and my travel guide across it!
- We’ve visited a lot of World Wonders, read about them at the Wonderista section! And keep updated on the Travelista section of the blog!
- Check out my top 3 posts: 18 Instagram Spots in Lisbon, My Amalfi Coast Photography Guide and the Top 10 Hipster Restaurants in Moscow!
Booking Support & Input
- Decided on traveling to Costa Rica? Momondo is the place to find the best deals on flights to this beautiful Central American country. If you haven’t downloaded the app yet, do it HERE!
- Find the best hotels in Costa Rica through Booking.com. Click here for La Fortuna lodgings, here for Monteverde, and here for Montezuma!
- Once you reach San Jose Airport in the Costa Rica capital, you won’t want to wait for the adventure to begin. Book a transfer from the airport to La Fortuna here. You can then book transport between La Fortuna and Monteverde, and let the adventure continue!
- Through Get Your Guide, you can find the unique experiences that can make your trip unforgettable. Why not take this lovely La Fortuna: Guided Twilight Wildlife Safari and get to know the flora and fauna? And check out their top Costa Rica tours, below!
Did you like this post on activities to do in Costa Rica and want to save it for later or share it with others? Find some pins for this post below!