As the largest and most cosmopolitan city in the Baltic region, Riga offers a pretty interesting variety of international foods, and sushi, in particular, is making its wave into the city’s heart! Still, if you’re looking to really get to know how the locals live, there are a lot of Latvian cuisine restaurants where you can try the local flavors. Hope you enjoy my Riga Restaurant Guide and try out some of the best restaurants in Riga! You might even come across the best cafe in Riga.
Sink your teeth into my favorite eateries of the Latvian capital, plus the best cafe in Riga. But before that, here’s a few things to take into account for your trip!
Check if you need a visa to enter Latvia with the iVisa widget below!
Get Your Guide is my favourite place to find incredible tours and experiences in Riga and everywhere else. Check out some of their top-rated foodie tours in town!
Best Restaurants In Riga
If you’re committed to natural and organic products,Restaurant 3 is for you. The restaurant serves Latvian food the old fashioned way: using local ingredients without extra chemicals, without wasting anything. And the result is delicious, on par with the best restaurants in Riga. I loved their smoked goat cheese and Wagyu beef, as well as their delicious hot rhubarb and cranberry drink!
The design is really warm with rustic undertones and the atmosphere is fairly cool, not unlike entering the best cafe in Riga. However, aside from the food, what really makes this place special is its friendly and professional service, the mark of the best restaurants in Riga.
Known as the Three Chefs, Tris Pavari’s focus is precisely that: the fact that all meals are prepared by three cooks, Mārtinš Sirmais, Artūrs Trinkuns, and Ēriks Dreibants. With a very relaxed atmosphere, this place has a very pleasant, hipster-inspired design. It’s a great match for the open-air kitchen they’re famous for!
However, it the was food’s presentation that really did the trick for me. The entrées came served on paper, giving the impression of a beautiful work of art, crafted with such care.
Here I experienced one of the best restaurants in Riga, as I continued my search for the best cafe in Riga!
Find more of the best restaurants in Riga with GET YOUR GUIDE. Riga hosts the largest market in Europe, full of gastronomic wonders – visit it on this Food Tasting Tour of Central Market. Or have a Latvian style evening in this Food and Beer Evening Walking Tour!
Due to its close proximity to Sweden, Latvia has historically had very strong ties with Scandinavia, and Muusu is very aware of that connection. With a Norse design and chef, this 3-story restaurant with brick walls, which offers an exceptional culinary experience, is really popular. We went there for a quiet lunch, but we could tell the ambiance is pretty romantic in the evenings!
This entry among the best restaurants in Riga also has a bar with stools by the windows. It’s a perfectly cozy spot to try some of their yummy food and drinks while engaging in a bit of people-watching.
Best Cafe in Riga
Art Café Sienna
Located in the heart of Riga’s Art Nouveau district, Art Café Sienna is a feast for the eyes and a strong contender for best cafe in Riga. The decoration is a dream in its romantic style, with a lot of old chaises and cupboards that give it the feel of a period movie. There are even lots of inspiring books lying around!
Their sweets and pastries are limited, but with lots of types of coffee, tea and other drinks, what you expect from the best cafe in Riga. The service was great and super personal, and the atmosphere was very relaxed. A cozy little gem that deserves a spot among the best restaurants in Riga!
Parunasim – Café
One of the best restaurants in Riga for visitors with a sweet tooth! Parunasim Café is marketed as the best cafe in Riga for couples, and I must say I agree. In fact, we came to this place 3 times when we were in town! The upper floor keeps the rough walls and interior and mixes it with old and beautiful furniture.
This contender for the best cafe in Riga has two floors and an outdoor area for the nicer and warmer days of the year. The design is enchanting and with an Amélie-like quality to it, mixing styles and clearly made with a lot of love.
While they serve alcohol, they also have a nice selection of coffee, tea and amazing hot cocoa with marshmallows – and, of course, the sweets! With homemade cookies, cakes, macaroons, one strong point for the best cafe in Riga is that it’s meant for dessert lovers.
The atmosphere is about as sweet as their products, which makes for what may be the best cafe in Riga!
More from Travel with a Silver Lining
- Like so much of Eastern Europe, Latvia is a land of wonders to be discovered by more experienced travelers. Check out the Latvia blog section about this wonderful country! Check out my Riga hotel review and travel guide.
- For more delicious food in the East, check out my restaurant reviews from Kiev an Tbilisi!
- Get inspired to visit the road less travelled with my post on the best Eastern European cities to visit!
- Check out my latest post on great lodgings, reading about my favorite boutique hotel in Sydney!
- Read my most popular posts: Top 10 Hipster Restaurants in Moscow, Top 18 Instagram Spots in Lisbon and My Amalfi Coast Photography Guide!
Booking & Tours
- Visa. If you need a visa to travel to Latvia, look no further than iVisa. This wonderful service allows you to go through paperwork smoothly and in one place!
- Flight. The best flight rates to Riga await at Momondo. Download their amazing all-in-one app!
- Hotels. You deserve the best experience during your stay in Riga, so why not book the hotel of your dreams? Find it through Booking.com, HERE!
- Guide. Through GET YOUR GUIDE, you can find all kinds of amazing experiences to make your days at Riga unforgettable. Plan your days with it HERE!
- Check out their amazing Riga city guide:
Did you like this post on the best restaurants in Riga and want to save it for later or share it with others? Find some pins for this best cafe in Riga post below!