What to Do in Rio?
Seeing the sunrise and the sunset the same day, is not something that happens very often. In Rio everything is possible! After a night flight crossing the South American continent, we arrived just in time to see the sun rise over our new destination – Rio De Janeiro! Magic! If you’re wondering what to do in Rio and what are the Rio tourist attractions, then look no further!
What can then be a better way of ending the day than by watching the sunset and the surfers’ last ride from the Arpoador Rock at the beautiful Ipanema beach? Enjoy these moments and our first vlogging post below (let’s hope it works..)!
Copacabana and its surrounding is like the beauty & the beast. The white long beaches are full of joy, life, happiness and beauty. Here the Copacabana life is boiling – sun tanned bodys everywhere in bikinis a la Brazilian style, not leaving much for your imagination. People are relaxing, running, swimming, playing beach volley, having barbecues, dancing and partying, all day and night!
Having breakfast at Forte de Copacabana, is truly a “breakfast with a view” you will long remember!
Rio Tourist Attractions
You just have to cross the street to discover a very different life, the tough life of Copacabana. The front line buildings that looks great from a distance, looks a bit old with worn facades if you have a closer look. The steel fences outside the entrances reminds you about the high crime rate and all the poor homeless people in the streets break your heart.
In this tough environment, you still find a city full of life with bars and restaurants in every corner, a great mix of locals and tourists and if you do your homework, you will find some great places in this clutter. We already have hanged out with the surfers at T.T. Burgers, had amazing pasta at the great Italian restaurant Simon Boccanegra and our first awesome Caprina at El Born. A health trend I have totally missed during my time in Moscow is “One Acai bowl a day, keeps the doctor away”. Will do my best to catch up during the time in Rio!
Our big and luxury Lima apartment has been replaced by a small Rio studio. Fredrik has bought new cool Oakley sunglasses and I have gone all pink. The only thing missing is the Brazilian bikini but I am not sure I will ever dare to wear one…
Slowly but surely we are settling into this crazy city and getting into the Rio mood… Oh la la!
More from Travel with a Silver Lining
- Read more about our days in Rio in my travel guide, travel story & favorite restaurants review!
- For more magical South American cities, read my travel guides for Buenos Aires, Lima & Cusco!
- If you’re looking for another magical beach destination – here’s my take on Australia’s Great Ocean Drive!
- Check out my top 3 posts: Lisbon Instagram Spots, Amalfi Coast Photography Guide & Hip Restaurants in Moscow!
Booking Support & Input
- Find the best flight fares to Brazil and everywhere else in the world through Momondo. Download their amazing travel app here!
- The best hotels in Rio are just a click away thanks to BOOKING.COM!
- Book a swift transfer from the airport to your Copacabana hotel HERE!
- Find the most incredible tours and experiences in Rio with GET YOUR GUIDE. Check out this lovely Corcovado, Sugarloaf Mountain, and Selarón Steps 6-Hour Tour. And then see the Rio city guide, below!
Did you like this post and want to save it for later or share it with others? Find some pins for this post below!