One of the landmarks of Mediterranean beauty, Santorini is a deluxe destination all around. Strongly focused on luxury travel, it’s hardly a cheap destination – but it’s an incredible one. The luxury boutique hotels in Santorini Greece are some of the most wonderful I’ve visited in southern Europe. Here, you’ll find my guide on the best areas to stay. Also, my favorite examples of what a design hotel Santorini looks like.
Diverse beaches, wondrous views of the caldera, unbelievable sunsets make Santorini unique. While those are some of the greatest things on this island, there’s so much more. When it comes to lodgings, they certainly know their luxury, too!
Where to Stay: Find Your Design Hotel Santorini
Keep in mind that luxury boutique hotels in Santorini Greece tend to be pricey!
Island capital Fira is busy and vibrant, with a wider range of relatively cheaper hotels. You’ll also find plenty of restaurants, bars, and shops in town. Lastly, it’s also right at the center of Santorini, so perfect if you want to travel around. Find Fira hotels HERE!
If what you need from a design hotel Santorini is beach proximity, stay at Perissa. A lovely little beach town with a relaxed vibe, you’ll feel right at home. There’s also a long boardwalk full of eateries and beach clubs, so you’ll definitely be entertained. Find Perissa hotels HERE!
For the ultimate luxury boutique hotels in Santorini Greece, head to Oia, home to the best caldera views. Just remember the prices are steeper. Find Oia hotels HERE!
For a luxurious yet quieter option, Imerovigli is the spot for you. Less touristy and much more chill, it’s an area to relax. Find Imerovigli hotels HERE!
My Favorite Luxury Boutique Hotels in Santorini Greece
Here are my two favorite lodgings on the island – plus one extra!
1. San Giorgio Villa, the Newly Renovated Boutique Beauty
- Design and Boutique Feeling: 4
- Room & Other Facilities: 3
- Food & Drinks: N/A
- Service: 5
- Location: 5
While located in busy Fira, one of the best things about San Giorgio Villa is that it’s on a side street. This location is wonderful, as it’s much quieter than most hotels in town, yet near everything. This small yet lovely design hotel Santorini makes it easy to walk around, and it’s at a pretty affordable price. Since it was recently renovated, its design is quite contemporary, with lots of wooden details mixed with stone. It’s almost Scandinavian in its simplicity!
While pretty, this is a very basic hotel with just a couple of rooms and a small reception. However, there’s an aura of peace you wouldn’t expect to find in the middle of party-friendly Fira.
The service is fantastic and very personal, and the location top among luxury boutique hotels in Santorini Greece. Some of the most iconic hangouts in town are just a few steps away, yet you aren’t bothered by the noise at night. Best of all, you’ll find delicious Greek restaurants everywhere around you!
Book your stay at San Giorgio Villa HERE!
2. Caldera Premium Villas for Oia Luxury Galore
- Design and Boutique Feeling: 5
- Room & Other Facilities: 4
- Food & Drinks: 3
- Service: 5
- Location: 5
If you’re looking for the ultimate design hotel Santorini experience, Caldera Premium Villas is the place for you. The hotel is all about Greek luxury, with traditional local décor and the most incredible view on the island. The second we came in, we knew we’d entered one of the top luxury boutique hotels in Santorini Greece. Entering felt like climbing up to heaven, with the gorgeous whitewashed houses on the cliffside and the broad Mediterranean blue in front. The hotel is built on the cliffside, all the way down to the water, so it’s made for people who have no problem going up and down the stairs.
Decorated in earthy tones with touches of blue on the inside, the outside is full whitewashed Greek style. The houses (or rather, suites) are big and spacious, and there’s a cave-like feeling. We stayed at the honeymoon suite, which had a large private terrace, an indoor hot tub, and an incredible view. Taking out the blinds every morning was quite the rush!
The rest of the facilities were lovely, including a small common pool that was perfect for lazy afternoons. You also get different platforms outside to have breakfast or just sunbathe. It’s worth noting that they only serve breakfast at the hotel, but there are lots of nearby restaurants on the Oia main street, just above.
The service is just what you’d expect from a top design hotel Santorini, including luggage pick-up at the bus terminal. That’s pretty great because the walk is tough when walking with bags. Generally speaking, this place is nothing short of dreamy, and a great option to stay at Oia!
Book your stay at Caldera Premium Villas HERE!
Last But Not Least…
For another lovely example of luxury boutique hotels in Santorini, Andronis, next door to Caldera Premium Villas, is a great choice. This design hotel Santorini is also a multi-level marvel falling into the Aegean, with a feeling of traditional luxury in the most modern setting. Plus, their restaurant by the sea, with its dim lighting, is a romantic dream.
Book your stay at Andronis HERE!
Travel with a Silver Lining Beyond Design Hotel Santorini
- Boutique hotels are one of my favourite things in life, and I have written plenty about them! Check out my Mykonos, Amalfi Coast and Lisbon Hotel Reviews with some of my favorite hotels.
- For more travel inspo, here’s the full list of every hotel I’ve visited since starting the blog!
- For more Greek vibes, check out my Mykonos Travel Guide, Instagram Guide & Hip Restaurant Guide.
- Did you love this post? Then visit my top 3 posts! Lisbon Instagram spots, trendy Moscow restaurants, and dreamy photography places in the Amalfi Coast
After Boutique Hotels in Santorini Greece: Booking Support & Input
- Flights. Momondo lets you find the best flight prices to Santorini and all over the Mediterranean. Craft the perfect holiday thanks to their all-in-one travel app – by clicking HERE!
- Transfer. Get to your hotel quickly from the airport with this private transfer, clicking HERE!
- Hotels. For more Santorini hotels, CLICK HERE!
- Experiences. GET YOUR GUIDE allows me to find incredible experiences everywhere I go – and Santorini was no exception. Check out their 5-Hour Luxury Catamaran Lunch & Sunset Cruise and their Santorini city guide, below!
Did you love this post about my design hotel Santorini? Then check out some pins for luxury boutique hotels in Santorini Greece, below!