Sweden might be famous for its simple Scandinavian design, but that doesn’t mean grandeur is off the table. At Haymarket, one of the best boutique hotels Stockholm, it’s “go big or go home”! A 1920s-inspired extravaganza, this majestic lodging is among the best boutique hotels in Stockholm. 6 more Stockholm boutique hotels awaits you HERE . Start shaping your journey by finding the best place to stay right away on the map below.
Use the form below to check below if you need a visa to Sweden. I strongly recommend iVisa for all your paperwork to be handled easily!
Haymarket – 1920s Grandeur and the roaring twenties of Stockholm. Here you easily can imagine yourself in the middle of Great Gatsby scene.
Overall Experience & Rating
- Design & Boutique Feeling: 4
- Room & Other Facilities: 4
- Food & Drinks: 5
- Service: 4
- Location: 5
Design & Boutique Feeling
From its grand entrance on Hotorget Square, you know you’ve come into a special place. The entire concept of this hotel revolves around the grandeur of the 1920s, and the design shines through.
Although much bigger than most of the best boutique hotels Stockholm, it’s a deluxe experience all-around. A super cool concept that’s worthy of the best luxury hotels in Stockholm!
Room & Other Facilities
I’d recommend getting a large or extra large room, as the standard ones aren’t very big and they’re not very quiet. However, the design of 1920 meets 2020 is pretty cool, and the bathrooms are quite enchanting, with pink details and a tile painting in the shower.
The rest of the facilities, however, cement Haymarket’s place among the best boutique hotels Stockholm. This darling among the best luxury hotels in Stockholm feels like a lifestyle hotel with all its specific areas. Loved its well-planned lobby to its numerous restaurants.
Food & Drinks
The food and drinks were great, and there are plenty of options in one of the best boutique hotels Stockholm! As you’d want from one of the best luxury hotels in Stockholm, there are three restaurants here:
Paul’s, an American brasserie with a design inspired by the European days of yore. Gretas, a restaurant serving sustainable food with a focus on the fusion between the 1920s and the 2010s. Lastly, Americain is a wonderful cocktail bar inspired by classic hotel bars!
Professional service, even if it wasn’t the most smiling, a somewhat common trait in the best boutique hotels Stockholm.
Perfect among the best boutique hotels Stockholm: on Hotorget Square, smack in the middle of the city. The hotel is surrounded by farmers’ markets and concert halls, a walking distance from trendy Stureplan.
More from Travel with a Silver Lining
After living there for more than ten years in this city, Stockholm holds a special place in my heart. Here are a few more posts on the thriving Swedish capital!
- Read my list of the coolest things to see in Stockholm in my travel story. For more of the best boutique hotels Stockholm, head here. To see a little about my hometown, small Swedish town Kalmar, click here!
- For more wonderful hotels in the North and Central Europe, check out my hotel reviews for Copenhagen and Amsterdam or head to my Stay page for more!
- Check out my top 3 posts: My Lisbon Instagram Guide, My Favorite Trendy Restaurants in Moscow, and my Amalfi Coast Photography Guide.
Booking Support & Input
- Visa. Don’t fret if you need a visa to enter Stockholm – iVISA has you covered. With them, you can go through all the paperwork in one place, skipping bureaucratic headaches!
- Flight. Reach Stockholm with the best prices by booking your flight through MOMONDO. Download their incredible all-in-one travel app HERE!
- Transfer. Book a transfer from the airport to your dreamy Stockholm hotel in advance HERE!
- Hotels. Find the coolest boutique hotels Stockholm by heading to Booking.com!
- Guide. If you’re anything like me, when you travel, you want to get the most unique experience in each city. That’s what makes me love HI, HI so much. Through their platform, you can find local guides that will take you off the beaten path in big cities. Just the experience you crave!
- Tours. One unmissable visit before all my travels is Get Your Guide. This amazing service offers unique tours and experiences in every destination you can imagine. This wonderful boat tour of Stockholm is a pure Scandinavian Dream.
- Check out the Get Your Guide city guide for Stockholm to find more incredible tours!
Did you like this post on the best boutique hotels Stockholm and want to share it with your friends? Find some pins for the best luxury hotels in Stockholm, below!