This post somehow disappeared, but now it is back again, almost in same shape:)!
From a 12 million city that never sleeps to my little home town – Kalmar -scenery changes quickly nowadays!
The minute of the touch down in this little gem, all stress and problems disappear from my mind. This has always been the case and is why I love to come here, if it is just to relax and get some energy, the start of the summer vacay or just to get some comfort when life is tough. This is where my family and “oldest” friend live and where I finally found the love of my life. Kalmar is and will always be my true home!
So what can be better preparation for our upcoming adventure than spending som time here! A night out with our lovely brothers and girlfriends at Kött & Bar, filled with top notch whiskey sours and food as well as coffee time with Malin. The one an only “julbord” we will have this year and some afternoon and evening time in the coach with my families talking about vacation memories and watching Lars Winnerbäck singing, and for once also talking some!
Thank you Kalmar, family and friends for these lovely days! See you all again in January!
More from Travel with a Silver Lining
After living there for more than ten years in this city, Stockholm holds a special place in my heart. That’s why I’ve written a few posts about the Swedish capital!
- Why not read about more of my Stockholm adventures? For more of the best boutique hotels Stockholm, head here.
- For more wonderful hotels, check out a new favourite on my Sydney hotel review!
- If you’re looking for inspiration beyond the best boutique hotels Stockholm read about my favorite boutique hotels from 2018 here!. Or just head to my full list of +50 hotels around the world!
- Check out my top 3 posts: My Lisbon Instagram Guide, My Favorite Trendy Restaurants in Moscow, and my Amalfi Coast Photography Guide.
Booking Support & Input
- Flight. Reach Stockholm with the best prices by booking your flight through MOMONDO. Download their incredible all-in-one travel app HERE!
- Transfer. Book a transfer from the airport to your dreamy Stockholm hotel in advance HERE!
- Hotels. Find the coolest boutique hotels Stockholm by heading to Booking.com!
- Guide. If you’re anything like me, when you travel, you want to get the most unique experience in each city. That’s what makes me love HI, HI so much. Through their platform, you can find local guides that will take you off the beaten path in big cities. Just the experience you crave!
- Tours. One unmissable visit before all my travels is Get Your Guide. This amazing website offers unique tours for some of the biggest cities in the world, so you always leave with unforgettable experiences. This wonderful boat tour of Stockholm during the winter is a pure Scandinavian dream!
- Check out the Get Your Guide city guide for Kalmar to find more incredible tours!