Beautiful Barcelona is one of the loveliest cities in the Mediterranean, and certainly among the most touristic in the world. While this means there’s an overflow of tourists almost year-round, it also makes way for some truly breathtaking accommodations. The Hotel Pulitzer Barcelona is one of those places. I can’t wait to show you around this beautiful hotel!
Barcelona is full of incredible things to do, and you can discover the perfect activities for you on GET YOUR GUIDE!
Check below if you need a visa to visit Spain – you’ll be surprised at how easy the paperwork is with IVISA!
Hotel Pulitzer Barcelona: A Hip & Conscious Meeting Place
A little bigger than your usual boutique hotel with 96 rooms, the Hotel Pulitzer Barcelona is well worth the stretch. Another lovely example of the Pulitzer brand (I stayed at their Amsterdam one), the Barcelona site retains a boutique atmosphere despite its size. A vibrant meeting point in the city of Gaudí.
One essential part about the beautiful Hotel Pulitzer Barcelona is its commitment to sustainability. This is an eco award-winning accommodation, and one of the few Barna hotels with the biosphere certificate. The brand is also heavily involved in social and health projects. If sustainability is important to you as a traveller, this is a great choice!
See more fantastic boutique hotels in my Amsterdam review!
Find the perfect hotel for your city stay through BOOKING.COM!
Overall Review of the Hotel Pulitzer Barcelona
- Design & Boutique Feeling: 4
- Room & Other Facilities: 4
- Food & Drinks: 5
- Service: 5
- Location: 4
Design & Boutique Feeling
Love the design here! The Hotel Pulitzer Barcelona mixes lush and green elements for a luxurious feel. The heavy use of wood gives it a warm and welcoming feeling, without neglecting the upscale vibe. Love the opening over the bar that lets natural light come in, it’s such a lovely detail.
All areas have a distinct top-notch feel, without being overwhelming. Comfort and luxury, just my jam!
Room & Other Facilities
While cosy, the rooms are a little small, and the design wasn’t spectacular. However, the beds were super comfy. If staying at the Hotel Pulitzer Barcelona, make sure to book a room with a balcony – they’re very chic! The balconies have beautiful doors and they overlook Plaça Catalunya. Head over there during the sunset for some beautiful pics of your stay!
The turquoise bathrooms give the room’s design a bit of extra colour. However, since there’s a lot of wood in the rooms, there’s a bit of a worn-out look. I’d say the rooms are going to need a revamp soon! It’s nothing too serious, however, and I definitely recommend the hotel – but I am something of a picky hotel traveller which is the reason for a 4 star here!
The best part of this hotel is its common areas. The lobby, the cosy bar, and the library, perfect to take a beat after a long day around the city. Another highlight is the hotel’s eatery, The Greenhouse Restaurant, decorated like an actual greenhouse. A literal breath of fresh air right at the heart of the busy city. The design is al about natural luxury, just like the rest of the hotel.
The Pulitzer’s terrace is a lush garden in the middle of the city centre skyline. The place for drinks in the hot summer evenings!
Food & Drinks
Everything we tried here was fantastic, and we came at a somewhat difficult time, New Year’s Eve. The Greenhouse Restaurant served a delicious 6-course dinner with innovative food and fantastic wine. I strongly recommend heading here for a nice evening out, even if you’re not a guest.
With a hip crowd of locals and expats, the vibe here was just astounding. We continued our New Year party between the bar and the lobby and danced into 2020 with guests and non-guests. You can tell the Hotel Pulitzer Barcelona is more than just a place to stay – it’s a rendezvous point.
Hotel Pulitzer Barcelona might be bigger than your average boutique lodging, but you wouldn’t be able to tell from the service. It’s highly personalised and friendly, which is the mark of a great place for me. I received a lot of great recommendations for sustainable and conscious restaurants closeby. So many thanks to Robert and Gemma for making our stay even more special!
Excellent location, on a side street of Plaça Catalunya. It’s a walking distance from all the main attractions, yet off the busiest streets. I personally prefer staying in the older part of town, but I’m sure many visitors would find this is location a 5/5.
More from Travel with a Silver Lining
- Read more about my visits to the Iberian peninsula: here are my Palma de Mallorca and Madrid travel guides.
- For more on my Spanish adventures, check out the Spain section of the blog!
- If boutique hotels are among your favourite things in the world, you’ve come to the right place. Here are reviews from amazing European destinations: Amsterdam, Lisbon, Madrid, Copenhagen, Palma de Mallorca, and the Amalfi Coast.
- Don’t miss the Stay section of my blog for more hotel reviews from all over the world!
- Check out my top 3 posts: My Lisbon Instagram Guide, My Favorite Trendy Restaurants in Moscow, and my Amalfi Coast Photography Guide.
Booking Support & Input for Your Hotel Pulitzer Barcelona Stay
- Visa. If you need a visa to enter Spain, the best way to do the paperwork is through IVISA. Save time by doing it all in one place!
- Flight. MOMONDO has the best rates for your trip to Barcelona – check for yourself by DOWNLOADING THEIR APP!
- Transfer. Reach the Hotel Pulitzer Barcelona quickly by booking A LUXURY AIRPORT OR PORT TRANSFER!
- Hotel. See the incredible lodgings the Catalonian capital has to offer on BOOKING.COM!
- Guide. See the real Barna by hiring a local to be your tour guide on HI, HI!
- Tours. GET YOUR GUIDE has the most unforgettable experiences for your trip to Barcelona. Check out this City Sights Highlight Bike Tour!
- Don’t miss the Barcelona city guide below!
Loved this post and want to share it with others? Check out some pins below!