Fall is here and has been her for a couple of months and this year the Moscow fall has been extra beautiful! I am so happy that we managed to get out one of our last weekends in Moscow to do a fall photo shoot of the beautiful Moscow fall. Below are my favorite spots for the best Moscow photography!
My Top 5 Moscow Fall Photo Shoot Spots!
Living close Gorky Park and the city center of Moscow, the good news is that you have some amazing fall photo shoot spots more or less outside your door! The first four Moscow fall spots below you will reach by foot. This fall photo shoot can easily be done in 2 hours or so! For number 5 you will have to walk 20 minutes along the Moscow river. If tired of walking grab a taxi or take the beautiful metro! Common for all are that they will boost your Moscow photography and fall photo shoot and add an amazing Moscow fall vibe to it!
1. Christ the Savior Cathedral – A Must For Any Moscow Photography!
Just 5 minutes from where we live – or rather lived – you will find Christ the Savior Cathedral. It is a must for Moscow photography collection and is as beautiful all year around. A perfect spot to get a more majestic feel to Moscow fall and your fall photo shoot!
This time we tried some new spots for this fall photo shoot. A couple of new angles and its golden domes shined bright like never before. A perfect match to the lovely colors of fall. A true Moscow photography gem!
Check out my Moscow Living posts to get a glimpse of this beauty and more inspiration to your Moscow photography collection and for your fall photo shoot!
2. The Patriarshiy Most Bridge – A Must for any Photographer!
One of the best photo spots for your Moscow photography collection is the Patriarshiy Most. Not sure how many times we passed this bridge during our Moscow evening walks and during the weekends on our way to Gorky park. But never did get tired of the view from here. This day for the Moscow fall photo shoot we also explored it from below and it gave a bit of a cool and industrial touch to it.
However, the best photo spots also for a fall photo shoot are to be found from the bridge itself. The best view of the cathedral to your Moscow photography collection. From the middle of the bridge you can also get magic photos with Kreml or Red October and Peter the great statue in the background!
3. Gorky Park – The No 1 Spot for Our Moscow Fall Photo Shoot!
Gorky park showed us a spectacle of colors this Sunday. I do not think it has ever been more beautiful. Wake up early and you will have this huge Moscow oasis almost for yourself. Moscow fall should be seen in Gorky Park, a must stop for any Moscow photography!
We spend a lot of time here for our fall photo shoot and the good thing is that you will not have to walk far. Find a spot with the beautiful fall colors in the background and start creating some great content for your Moscow fall and Moscow photography collection!
Have fun among the leaves – a fun twist to our Moscow fall photo shoot!
When Magic Happens…
How beautiful isn’t this Gorky Park alley with Peter the great statue in the horizon. @fredjonss is really improving his photography skills!
But it is almost as beautiful from the other way around! These colors are just amazing!!! Have a stroll or just sit down and relax and let your camera man do the work:)!
Gorky park is huge and the one that searches will find. This little building, located between the Moscow river and the Gorky Park entrance, is a perfect Moscow fall photo shoot spot. The fall setting makes it shine even brighter. A perfect addition for the ones interested in Moscow photography!
4. Red October – A Hipster Addition to your Moscow Photograpy!
This area you will find in many of my Moscow posts. Red October, the small party island and hipster spot, located in the middle of the long Moscow river.
Here you will find some of my favorite weekend hang outs like Strelka. This is also where you will find a lot of colorful street art and some of them are perfect for a cool Moscow fall photo shoot.
Read all about my favorite Moscow photography spots beyond the crowd in my popular Moscow Insider Post!
5. Basil Cathedral – A Must In Any Moscow Photography Collection
The most famous and probably the most photographed landmark in Moscow – the Basil Cathedral. This colorful Aladdin look alike beauty is picture perfect in itself but gets even more beautiful when dressed in the colors of fall. A Moscow photography must and a great addition to your Moscow fall photo shoot!
Given that it is one of the most visited places in Moscow you better be up early. An insider tips. One of the best angle of the cathedral you will find from the road between the river and the cathedral at the backside. A spot that is usually less crowded too than the front at the red square! A Moscow photography gem!
More from Travel with a Silver Lining
Do you want to read more posts like this on Instagram and best photo spots? Then check out all my Instagram & Photography Guides below!
- THE BEST 18 INSTAGRAM SPOTS IN LISBON
- THE MOST SPECTACULAR PHOTO SPOTS ON THE AMALFI COAST
- 9 BEST INSTAGRAM SPOTS IN SYDNEY
- TOP 11 PHOTO SPOTS AND PLACES TO SEE IN MEXICO
- THE 17 MOST INSTAGRAM WORTHY SPOTS IN MYKONOS
- 17 SAN FRANCISCO INSTAGRAM SPOTS
Planning a trip to Moscow? Yes, you should definitely go!!! Given the language barrier and the size of Russian’s capital, it is good to prepare as much as possible in advance.
- After four years in this city, I have it all covered for you! Start by reading MY ULTIMATE MOSCOW TRAVEL GUIDE with top 10 things to do and some good things to know before booking the trip!
- If you want to experience Moscow like a local beyond the crowd, then head over to MY MOSCOW BEYOND THE CROWD POST.
- Wondering where to stay? Check out my review of the luxurious RADISSON ROYAL!!
- Moscow is very much a foodie town, and I’ve written plenty about its restaurants! Check out my post on Moscow ROOFTOPS, BREAKFAST PLACES, HIPSTER RESTAURANTS, RUSSIAN CUISINE & INTERNATIONAL EATERIES.
Booking Support & Input
- Flight. Reach Moscow with the best prices thanks to MOMONDO – don’t forget to DOWNLOAD THE INCREDIBLE APP!
- Transfer. I would strongly recommend booking a TRANSFER FROM THE AIRPORT as it is a bit messy when you arrive and once again, most of the drivers do not speak English.
- Hotel. Want to stay at the Radisson Royal? Then book it HERE! For more incredible options, check out the BOOKING.COM city page!
- Guide. Why not book a tour with a LOCAL GUIDE AT THE NEW COOL SERVICE HI, HI.
- Tours. For the best guides & tours in Moscow check out all the GET YOUR GUIDE TOURS HERE or the City Guide below!
I hope above will help you plan your trip!
Did you like this post about our Moscow fall photo shoot and the best spots for your Moscow Photography and want to save it for later or share it with others? Find some fall photo shoot & Moscow photography pins for this post below!