Moscow luxury hotels capture the grandeur of Russia’s capital. And there’s no place that screams Russian luxury like the Radisson Royal Hotel Moscow, a gem from Stalinist architecture! Among the Seven Sister skyscrapers, the Radisson stands literally and metaphorically above all other Moscow luxury hotels.
Commissioned by Josef Stalin himself, this was going to become one of the ultimate Moscow luxury hotels. Historically called Hotel Ukrania, it was the tallest accommodation in the world for decades. This is not a boutique hotel, but one of the most incredible Moscow luxury hotels.
Read below to find out why this is one of the top Moscow luxury hotels, or book your stay HERE!
Moscow Luxury Hotels
Radisson Royal Hotel Moscow
1. Design & Boutique Feeling: 5
2. Room & Other Facilities: 4
3. Food & Drinks: 5
4. Service: 4
5. Location: 3
Design & Boutique Feeling
As a massive skyscraper with 505 rooms and 38 apartments, the Radisson Royal Hotel Moscow is certainly not boutique. That said, I am not evaluating this hotel on the boutique parameter but on luxury feeling. It’s a mesmerizing place, and so uniquely Russian! This is an experience you won’t find anywhere else.
Every single area was designed with the purpose to impress, and it delivers. Very traditional luxury, a throwback to the excesses of Stalin’s time. Here you will get gold, marble and chandeliers in abundance!
Room & Other Facilities
Known as one of the best Moscow luxury hotels for over 60 years, the facilities of the Radisson Royal Hotel Moscow are very luxurious. The common areas are lavish, including the 5 restaurants. The lobby is filled with premium stores. You can even buy yourself a Rolls Royes here.
You can keep active on their 50m swimming pool, or relax at their spa. Their soothing services include a Hamman sauna, a jacuzzi, and multiple massage options. There’s even a DJ in the top modern gym!
The rooms are decorated in traditional Russian style, which means lots of luxury and excess. They’re spacious, with comfy beds and modern bathrooms. My only complaint was that the AC wasn’t working perfectly and it got a bit stuffy.
Food & Drinks
I really loved their breakfast buffet, which had every option out there, from healthy to not-so-much!
There are 5 on-site restaurants at the Radisson Royal Hotel Moscow. We only visited top floor Italian restaurant Buono, and it was magical. Very romantic and lit by candlelights, its view will leave you speechless. Plus, amazing food! Their truffle pasta prepared in a huge Parmesan cheese was incredible, and so was their wine list. The service is everything you expect from one of the greatest Moscow luxury hotels. That said, it’s also among the most expensive restaurants in town. But you can just drop by for drinks and a view!
Down by the river is one of my favorite seafood place Moscow, Erwin. Definitely worth a visit if you are in seafood mood in Russian style and glamor!
The service is deserving of one of the greatest Moscow luxury hotels. However, Russian service isn’t generally very smiling, which also applies at the Radisson Royal Hotel Moscow. The reception and concierge were good, but we had some not as friendly moments at the spa.
From a service perspective, this gem of Moscow luxury hotels has everything, including romantic boat trips down Moskva River.
A palace among Moscow luxury hotels, the Radisson Royal Hotel Moscow is outside the buzzing Moscovite city center in front of the Moscow River. It’s great for relaxation but as Moscow is huge, you will need to reach major landmarks by taxi.
The location is generally pretty good, just not in the smack middle of everything. Plus, taxis are cheap and readily available throughout Moscow!
Would you like to stay at Radisson Royal Hotel Moscow. THEN BOOK IT HERE!
More from Travel with a Silver Lining
- Make the most of your trip to Moscow with my Moscow Life – Skating in Moscow post.
- Read all about New Year spent in Moscow, the weekend in Moscow when winter turned to summer and don’t miss out on my Moscow vlog!
- You can find all my Moscow Life posts here!
- If it’s luxury hotels you love, you’ve come to the right place. Check out my hotel reviews for Sydney, Lisbon, Napa & Tel Aviv!
- For more reviews, see my list of the Best Boutique Hotels in 2018 – or better yet, My Top 50+ Luxury Boutique Hotels In The World!
- Check out my top 3 posts: My Lisbon Instagram Guide, My Favorite Trendy Restaurants in Moscow, and my Amalfi Coast Photography Guide.
Booking Support & Input
- Flight. MOMONDO has the best prices for you to fly to Moscow – what are you waiting for to DOWNLOAD THE APP?
- Transfer. For a hassle-free arrival with a driver that speaks English, book your airport transfer ahead HERE!
- Hotels. For more incredible Moscow luxury hotels beyond the Radisson Royal Hotel Moscow, see the BOOKING.COM city page!
- Guide. HI, HI allows you to find a local tour guide to show you the real Moscow. Find yours HERE!
- Tours. GET YOUR GUIDE has breathtaking experiences for you to see Moscow on your own terms. How about this Moscow River Cruise with Dinner and Disco?
- Don’t miss the Moscow city guide, below!