Churchill Manor, a gorgeous white mansion in downtown Napa, was built in the late 19th century. This gem among Napa Valley boutique hotels is a testament to the aristocratic local life of that time! Made by the wealthy Churchill family, the manor has hosted travelers from all over for generations. Current owners Joanna Guidotti and Brian Jensen have kept the tradition of one of the most iconic luxury boutique hotels in Napa Valley.
Looking for the best Napa Valley’s tours, THEN CHECK THEM OUT HERE!
Loving this gem among luxury boutique hotels in Napa Valley? Read about my favorite hotels around the world, here!
Top Napa Valley Boutique Hotels – Overall Experience & Rating
These days, the inside of the Churchill Manor looks almost as it did in its first years. It provides a real feeling of going back to a time of great luxury while keeping fresh and modern. The owners were delightful, always up for a chat, and offering advice on the local attractions. You’ll also get free-of-charge wine and cheese in the afternoon, a common feature of luxury boutique hotels in Napa Valley.
This getaway was the perfect place to stay and recover from the tough days on the road and at the vineyards. The mostly-untouched 19th-century woodwork gives Churchill Manor a feeling of peace. Meanwhile, the friendly owners and staff make you feel right at home from the get-go. We had that feeling the moment we said “hello” to this darling!
- Design & Boutique Feeling: 4
- Room & Other Facilities: 4
- Food & Drinks: 3 (only breakfast)
- Service: 5
- Location: 5
Design & Boutique Feeling at Churchill Manor!
The traditional luxury of this 19th-century mansion takes you back in time, with a real boutique feeling. The compelling personal touch that makes you feel cozy and at home during your visit. Churchill Manor always ranks among the top local hotels, and it’s easy to see why. A gorgeous neo-classic mansion that looks like an old Southern US plantation, it’s a dreamy place. A lot of people book their weddings in this marvel among luxury boutique hotels in Napa Valley!
A romantic place at heart, the entire look of Churchill Manor transports you to relaxation. In calm colors with lots of luxurious details, there’s a lot of love put into this place. Just the right combination of old charm and contemporary pleasantries you’d expect from the best Napa Valley boutique hotels.
Experience this magical area through this Small Group Napa Wine Tour With Castello Di Amorosa & Lunch!
Room & Other Facilities
Churchill Manor has ten rooms, in the same 1890s style as the rest of the house. Many of them accommodate 2-3 guests, and each gets its name from a Napa Valley wine-growing area.
The actual rooms are cozy, though the standard ones are a bit small, so I’d recommend booking one of the larger ones. Still, the beds are comfy, and the style in keeping with luxury boutique hotels in Napa Valley. Rooms have open fireplaces (fake, however) and a modern bathroom with two showers.
As for the other facilities, this is a huge house with many areas to hang out throughout the day and night. You can feel the broad history in each step of this jewel.
Food & Drinks
They only serve breakfast – lovely as it is, this darling is a B&B! The buffet is pretty limited, and it also features a daily à la carte option that may vary. Now, the food was home-made, which always gives it a great touch, and the options were great. Fantastic and tasty upside: the wine and cheese buffet in the afternoon, just what you expect from luxury boutique hotels in Napa Valley!
In the afternoon there is also a complimentary wine and cheese tasting! It was delicious and perfect in the afternoon after a long day on the road!
Check out this Pt. Reyes Food and Farm Tour with Lunch!
The staff and owners were sweet and gracious, always striving to make you feel at home when visiting luxury boutique hotels in Napa Valley. They were also very helpful with their recommendations on local activities. The owner even sat down with us for a full hour to talk about the history of this gem among Napa Valley boutique hotels. We even got helpful tips about our wine tasting tour!
Churchill Manor has the perfect location among luxury boutique hotels in Napa Valley, downtown! Surrounded by local households, it’s only a 5-to-7-minute walking distance from Napa’s downtown. Besides being refreshing, it’s a beautiful walk along the river!
Travel with a Silver Lining Beyond Luxury Boutique Hotels in Napa Valley
We visited luxury boutique hotels in Napa Valley as part of a major road trip across California. I want your travel experience to be as amazing as ours, so I have a few recommendations!
If you loved to read about luxury boutique hotels in Napa Valley, here are a few other inspiring posts!
- Do you love road trips? Some of my most unforgettable travel experiences have been behind the wheel at an exotic location. Read about MY FAVORITE ROAD TRIPS ACROSS THE US AND EUROPE, HERE!
- If you want to find out about the top boutique hotels in California, I have a few options for you! PALIHOUSE MELROSE is an amazing option in Los Angeles, while the ROSE HOTEL is a wonderful Venice Beach accommodation. Don’t miss my hotel reviews!
- Heading to the US East Coast? Travel across gorgeous Florida and check out my favorite BOUTIQUE HOTELS IN MIAMI BEACH!
- Check out my top 3 posts: My Lisbon Instagram Guide, My Favorite Trendy Restaurants in Moscow, and my Amalfi Coast Photography Guide.
Booking Support & Input Beyond Napa Valley boutique hotels
- Flight. Fly into Northern California with MOMONDO, by downloading their amazing app HERE!
- Transfer. Reach Napa Valley without hassle directly from San Francisco Airport by booking a transfer HERE!
- Hotel. Find other dreamy luxury boutique hotels in Napa Valley through BOOKING.COM, RIGHT HERE!
- Tours. GET YOUR GUIDE is my go-to site to find great tours and unique experiences wherever I go. Don’t miss this incredible BOUTIQUE WINE TOUR WITH TASTINGS FOR SMALL GROUPS!
- City guide. After seeing luxury boutique hotels in Napa Valley, you’ll want to visit the most exciting city in Northern California. San Francisco is a true metropolis, and one of the most beautiful cities in America. Enjoy this incredible city guide from GET YOUR GUIDE!
Did you like this post on luxury boutique hotels in Napa Valley? Find some pins, below!