A New Entry Among My Favorite Places to Stay in Rome…
There are hundreds of hotels in Rome so the choice is not easy! By now you know that I am a true boutique hotel lover and when checking in @ Gens Luxury Suites Rome, I found a new favorite boutique hotel in Rome. Almost like home but with all the luxury and extras to make your stay one you will always remember. Read more about one of my favorite places to stay in Rome, beloe!
Gens Luxury Suites Rome – Overall Review
- Design & Boutique Feeling: 5
- Rooms & Other Facilities: 4
- Food & Drinks: 3
- Service: 5
- Location: 5
Design & Boutique Feeling – Boutique Hotel in Rome
Located on the third floor of a renaissance building, you get a warm and friendly greeting the minute you enter the Gens Luxury Suites Rome. Passing other small design hotels on the way up, it feels more like entering someones home than a hotel, a unique quality among places to stay in Rome.
The design is warm, modern and elegant with a big focus on details. Quality material, a darker luxury color palette mixed with white walls and wooden floors – all contributing to a luxurious apartment feeling. A perfect mix of unique design & and a personal touch. All you want from a true boutique hotel in Rome!
Rooms & Other Facilities – Gens Luxury Suites Rome
Each room has its own name and you can have a pre-look at them all on the Gens Luxury Suites Rome website before booking.
During our stay at this boutique hotel in Rome, we chose the elegant Cornelia Suite. Opening the door, we stepped into the living room in lounge style with a big plush sofa preparing us for this unique experience among places to stay in Rome. The charming bedroom decorated in the same with beautiful ceiling frescoes was a perfect place for long breakfasts or some blogging in bed.
Behind the smoked glass cabin is the bathroom. Modern and bright with a trendy bathtub and rain shower, still with influences from the Roman time. The daily spa gift with the bath salt and oil gave our stay the perfect extra touch, the perfect silver lining to this boutique hotel in Rome!
Food & Drinks – Restaurants in Rome
Being a small hotel, the facilities for food and drinks were very limited at the Gens Luxury Suites Rome. It’s a small price to pay to be in one of the places to stay in Rome! In a small living room, you could get tea and coffee and also have breakfast in the morning. As breakfast in bed was free of charge and our suite so cozy, this felt like a better choice – every day! The breakfast was good but if you are in for something more than the ordinary I suggest you book a table at some of the breakfast places in the neighborhood.
You do not have to walk far from this gem among places to stay in Rome. Just outside the doorsteps, starts the hoods of Via dei Coronari, known for its restaurants, bars and nightlife. We had two delicious, yet different, dinners not far from our boutique hotel in Rome. One at the hip & trendy Etabli and the other at local and authentic Il Corallo.
If you want restaurant and bar recommendations, have a look at our blog post of Rome Restaurant Review.
Service – Gens Luxury Suites Rome
The service of the Gens Luxury Suites Rome fits a great boutique hotel in Rome perfectly. A welcome drink delivered to our room, breakfast in bed every morning without any extra charges. They also support you in booking all tourist attractions and restaurants. It is the kind of service that comes from the heart, that you can not train a person to give. Friendly, personal and genuine: just what you’d expect from the top places to stay in Rome!
Location – Things to see in Rome
It’s just a block from popular Piazza Navona and Via dei Coronari (one of our favorite evening and night hoods) just outside the doorsteps. The location of the Gens Luxury Suites Rome cannot be better.
From this boutique hotel in Rome, you can walk to all the key historical sites. Some walkable attractions include the Colosseum, The Vatican, Patheon, well all Must Sees in Rome (see my blog post “The 10 Must See in Rome”). The Tiber River is just 5 minutes walk away, perfect for a romantic evening walk without steering from one of the places to stay in Rome!
I can strongly recommend Gens Luxury Suites Rome and I wish to come back here one day soon. Hoping that the coin in Fontana di Trevi delivers upon this wish to return to one of the places to stay in Rome! Would you like to stay at Gens Luxury Suites. THEN BOOK IT HERE!
More from Travel with a Silver Lining
- Looking for more options for places to stay in Rome? You can read my review of another amazing boutique hotel in Rome, the Roma Luxus Hotel, right here!
- Thinking of the Mediterranean? Then check out my post on the 17 Most Instagram Worthy Places in Mykonos!
- For my latest adventures, read about my favorite luxury hotels in Sydney, or read my list of the coolest boutique hotels I visited in 2018, here!
- Check out the most popular posts from Travel with a Silver Lining: Top 18 Instagram Spots in Lisbon, My Amalfi Coast Photography Guide and the Top 10 Hipster Restaurants in Moscow!
Booking Support & Input
- Flight. MOMONDO is the best platform to find cheap flights to Rome and everywhere else. DOWNLOAD THEIR AMAZING TRAVEL APP!
- Transfer. Get to your hotel quickly from the airport by booking a transfer in advance HERE!
- Hotel. There are plenty of incredible places to stay in Rome, even beyond the Gens Luxury Suites Rome. Whether you’re looking for a boutique hotel in Rome or something a little different, BOOKING has a perfect spot for everyone.
- Guide. Once you’re in Rome, you’ll want to do as the Romans, and that means riding off the beaten tracks. That’s why I love HI, HI, so much: they offer great tours of the city given by locals who know what’s what. Find the Roman host for you!
- Tours. GET YOUR GUIDE is my favorite place to find unique experiences in each place I go. Now that you’re visiting the Eternal City, why not spend a day at the nearby ruins of Pompeii? This Private Tour of Pompeii: Day Trip From Rome by Car is unmissable. Check out their incredible Rome guide!
Did you like this post of my boutique hotel in Rome and want to save it or share it with others? Then see some pins of places to stay in Rome, below!