Positano – a place I have dreamt about so long, seen so many beautiful images from in blogs and insta accounts, still when I arrived I was spellbound! Here is my Positano travel guide, including hotels in Positano!
The setting of this picturesque little gem nestled in between the mountains and the deep blue sea together with all colorful houses is stunning and so is the road that took us here!
The Amalfi Coast offers an beguiling combination of beauty an drama with its steep mountains plunge into the sea mixed with picturesque towns, colorful houses and lush forests.
We where both thrilled when reaching the coastline after a 3,5 hours drive from Rome and an exciting visit to Pompeii. Here and now the adventure started. Excitement and fear! Driving along the windling roads of the Amalfi Coast with just a tiny fence between you and the deep blue sea far down there was for sure a thrilling experience… Still, this view is just outstanding on any Positano travel guide, not comparable to anything we have seen before!
The Alleys, the Steps & the Views – Positano Travel Guide
Positano consists of small streets and alleys lined with boutiques, galleries, restaurants and hotels. So cute but when arriving here I was very happy that Fredrik was the one driving. Can imagine that it gets quite crowded here during summer so a visit during low(er) season is recommended. Luckily, in May we could still explore the corners of this little gem without too much competition!
Once settled in, we got lost in the streets and alleys beyond the touristic beach area, walked the stairs up to Viale Pasitea, continued further up to find one magnificent view point after the other. A perfect way of combining pleasure and work out:)!
The Beaches & Deep Blue Sea – Positano sightseeing
When our legs started to get soar we changed direction to get some sea breeze and a touch of the deep blue sea. Still a bit cold for me but yet sobeautiful. Can not get enough of this blue color!
Positano Smaller Beach was a bit of an oasis compared to the main beach – Positano Spiaggia. If the main restaurant – Pulpetto – had been open we would for sure have stayed for a lunch .
The path between the two beaches was a welcomed change from the demanding staira and with this view it took some time to get back!
The Delicious Italian Food – Food in Positano
Positano is full of small restaurants with delicious food and the best restaurants are found along the upper part of “Viale Pasitea”.
The best breakfast place – Casa e Bottega. This multi concept café and boutique offers delicious and healthy breakfast. Their fresh juices, banana pancakes and granola bowls were so yammi and the design and atmosphere makes it the perfect place to start the day! The only thing missing is the view but for this you can just step out on the street and volá!
When in Positano, breakfast with a view is a must!
Caffé Positano offers one of the best sea views and even though the food is not comparable to Casa e Bottega, a stop here is still recommended!
At Caffé Positano’s neighbor – Da Vincenzo – we got greeted by the friendly owner and a glass of Prosecco for free while waiting for our table. Here you get a true local and classic experience with Italian passionate service and great food!
We ended our days in Positano with a romantic dinner in Next2 in their glamorous Mediterranean terrace. The catch of the day was delicious and the wine list makes you want to stay all night long!
Our Little Mediterranean Boutique Heaven with a View – Hotels in Positano
Positano is full of small boutique hotels which does not make the choice easy. The most popular of the boutique hotels in Positano – Le Sirenuse – is worth a visit even though you are not staying here. This colorful hotel is privileged with one of the best views of Positano and in these hoods you can also find some great restaurants and shops!
Would you like to stay at Le Sirenuse. THEN BOOK IT HERE!
Unfortunately, this red little castle was fully booked but we found another one of the best boutique hotels in Positano – Hotel Flavio Gioia – with a great view and location. Located just next to one of the most iconic symbol of Positano – the Church of Santa Maria Assunta – this was the perfect starting point for exploring Positano.
The view from the balcony was just amazing! The staff made you feel like home and once again we fell asleep to the sound of the waves…
Well, it was hard to leave Positano only after two nights but when writing this blog, I do it with a smile on my face and I am sure that some day, we will be back….!
Would you like to stay at Villa Flavio Gioia. THEN BOOK IT HERE!
More on Travel with a Silver Lining
As you can see from Amalfi Coast travel guide, this is one of my top destinations. I have written lots of posts about it so if you need inspiration or support before you are booking check them out below.
- MY TOP 4 AMALFI COAST BOUTIQUE HOTELS
- RAVELLO, THE ROMANTIC TREASURE HIGH UP IN THE MOUNTAINS
- AMALFI COAST ROAD TRIP
- AMALFI, SHINE BRIGHT LIKE A DIAMOND
Go beyond Amalfi and check out some of my other posts!
- I love Rome and tend to return here over and over again. Do not miss my posts about MY DAYS IN ROME, MY ROME TRAVEL GUIDE, THE TOP 2 LUXURY BOUTIQUE HOTELS IN ROME as well as THE BEST HIP EATERIES IN ROME.
- For more beautiful boutique hotels around the world, check out my list of The Best Luxury Lodgings of 2018!
- Get my favourite fashion tips and secrets on the Travel in Style section of the blog!
- For another breathtaking place on the Mediterranean, check out my post on the 17 Most Instagram Worthy Spots in Mykonos!
- Check out my top 3 posts: My Lisbon Instagram Guide, My Favorite Trendy Restaurants in Moscow, and my Amalfi Coast Photography Guide.
Booking Support & Input
- Flight. MOMONDO offers once-in-a-lifetime flight deals to the Amalfi Coast. Download their all-in-one travel app HERE!
- Transfers. For airport transfer from Naples, BOOK A PRIVATE HERE or a SHARED HERE.
- Hotels. Find the lodging of your dreams in the Amalfi Coast through BOOKING.COM, HERE!
- Guide. I love to explore cities beyond the crowd and what can be better than doing it with a local guide? Check out THIS COOL SITE & SERVICE HI, HI, where you can book customised tours with a local!
- Tour. For a great range of tours, check out ALL GET YOUR GUIDE TOURS HERE. I always book tours with them as they are great and easy to book online in advance. Check out their Positano activity guide, below!
Did you like this Positano travel guide and want to save it or share it with others? Then see some pins for hotels in Positano below!