Riga is arguably the most important capital in the Baltic states, and a city with a tumultuous and fascinating history, one that has left an indelible mark in its streets and architecture. Because of all that, any boutique hotel in Riga Old Town is enchanting! We fell in love with the Pullman Hotel Riga, our home in Latvia’s capital. Below you’ll find my review of the Pullman Riga Old Town!
During this visit, we stayed at the boutique-y Pullman Riga Old Town, which is part of a big hotel chain but has the potential to become a pretty interesting location for those who love unique little design lodgings. This is the place we called home during our stay in this beautiful former Soviet State. However, if you’d like to keep your options open, you can browse for your perfect Riga hotel HERE!
Pullman Riga Old Town
Overall Review of this Boutique Hotel in Riga Old Town
Design & Boutique Feeling: 4
Room & Other Facilities: 4
Food & Drinks: 3
Design & Boutique Feeling
Very beautiful design! The whole look of the Pullman Hotel Riga is very modern, and I’d say even a little daring. Scandinavian-inspired in both design and materials, the décor is simplistic and functional. Still, it adds a few details like more colorful and innovative elements, like the cool armchairs. Loved the inspired graffiti walls all together with charming original details.
It’s also full of space, with many different rooms to hang out in. Here you can even find a cigar room!
The Pullman Hotel Riga is located within a lovely colorful building. Details such as brick walls have been kept from its older days, giving an edge to the different areas.
Room & Other Facilities
The rooms follow the same modern feel of the rest of the Pullman Hotel Riga, and they’re decorated in an earthy tones palette. The bed was really big and cozy, and super contemporary chairs give the whole room a nice touch. The bathroom is also very hip and modern, with a bathtub and rain shower.
As for the rest of the facilities, everything is very current and they have a really interesting variety of hangout areas. I found the Pullman Hotel Riga lobby particularly cool!
Some of my favorite areas were the terrace surrounded by downtown Riga’s old buildings, and a small spa with a cozy little pool, an all-around fantastic place to get a massage after a long day walking in the city! The hotel also has a gym and a very cozy restaurant.
Through GET YOUR GUIDE, you can find so many wonderful activities for your stay in Latvia. Go beyond the coziness of your hotel room to discover this regal Eastern European country. This Half-Day Adventure In Kemeri National Park tour will take you to one of Lavia’s most beautiful landscapes. A breath of fresh air is always worth it!
Food & Drinks
I give the Pullman Hotel Riga breakfast a solid 4, and I particularly loved the number of healthy alternatives they had, including fresh juices. However, the room service options were pretty limited, and I wasn’t too crazy about the food. I didn’t try the restaurant so I really couldn’t say anything about it.
This is part of the Pullman hotel chain, which is pretty big and has a large presence in different parts of the world, so don’t expect the personal boutique hotel treatment. Unfortunately, we had a very slow check-in at the Pullman Hotel Riga.
Though the staff apologized for this, the service wasn’t necessarily as professional as one would expect, and it’s definitely something that needs to be improved. This was the one downside of our experience at the Pullman Riga Old Town.
Location of the Pullman Hotel Riga
The Pullman Riga Old Town has an absolutely perfect location, right at the heart of the Latvian capital. The place is a walking distance from every major touristic spot in Riga, particularly the Old Town and Silent Center. A highlight of this boutique hotel in Riga Old Town!
All in all, the Pullman Hotel Riga is a great and modern design option. This boutique hotel in Riga Old Town will for sure enhance your stay in this picturesque city!
Would you like to stay at Pullman Riga Old Town? THEN BOOK IT HERE!
More from Travel with a Silver Lining
- In love with this boutique hotel in Riga old town? Then check out my Riga travel story, travel guide and the best restaurants and cafés in town. Or just read the Latvia section of the blog!
- Are boutique hotels your jam? Read about boutique hotels in Sydney or check out my list of favorite boutique hotels from 2018!
- If you’re looking to travel to the former Soviet bloc and can’t decide where, why not try lovely Baku? Read my travel story!
- Check out my list of The Best Eastern European Cities to Visit!
- For more Old Continent travel inspo, check out the 8 Most Beautiful Summer Destinations in Europe!
- To get into the Travel with a Silver Lining vibe, take a trip to my top three posts: Top 18 Instagram Spots in Lisbon, My Amalfi Coast Photography Guide as well as the Top 10 Hipster Restaurants in Moscow!
Tours & City Guide
- Flight. MOMONDO has the best flight prices to Latvia! DOWNLOAD THEIR APP!
- Transfer. Reach your hotel in a heartbeat by BOOKING AN AIRPORT TRANSFER IN ADVANCE.
- Hotels. Find more incredible Riga hotels through BOOKING, HERE!
- Tours. There’s so much to discover in Riga and its surroundings, and GET YOUR GUIDE can help you find the perfect experience for you. How about experiencing the city by canal boat on this incredible tour?
- Check out the Get Your Guide city guide on the Latvian capital!
Did you like this post about the Pullman Riga Old Town and want to save it for later or share it with others? Find some pins for this Pullman Hotel Riga post below!