A grey and cold Stockholm afternoon two years ago, I discovered this little colorful jewel. I was at my hairdresser reading a travel magazine. There and then I decided, I need to visit Sayulita some day, and see the dreamy Sayulita boutique hotels, starting with the Petit Hotel Hafa.
Here we are and Sayulita is for sure even better in real life than in the magazine pictures!
Petit Hotel Hafa – A Gem Among Sayulita Boutique Hotels
Having stayed too many nights in business hotels without a soul, we always try to find small cosy hotels with a character and a personal touch.
Petit Hotel Hafa is a true diamond in the boutique and design hotel category. This bohemian hotel with a colorful Mexican touch has a perfect location, only two blocks from the beach. With only 8 rooms and owned by a family, falling in love with Sayulita after a sailing trip, you feel at home the minute you enter the doors.
Would you like to stay at Petit Hotel Hafa. THEN BOOK IT HERE!
Once you step out of the Petit Hotel Hafa, you’ll find that Sayulita is a village that makes you happy! The streets are filled with cute boutiques, restaurants, houses and street decorations – all in a powerful mix of colors.
During the day, Sayulita is a sleepy surfer and fishing village with people chilling on the beach or in any of the many cafes or restaurants.
It is hard not to spend money here… The boutiques and street markets are filled with pretty handcraft, design clothes and jewelry. I quickly found my two favorite stores; R2 Fashion with clothes made of organic cotton and a romantic design and Revulocion Del Sueno filled with jewelry and modern hand craft.
So for Christmas both me and my surfer guy got new outfits:)!
In the evenings, the character of Sayulita totally changes, and it’s time to stroll beyond the Petit Hotel Hafa. There are restaurants and bars everywhere and the streets are filled with people eating, drinking and partying until the sun rises.
Also here we found our favorite place that we have already returned to many times, La Rustica, a restaurant and bar with a cool design, tasty food and delicious Sangrias – the best aperitif before dinner. But of course there has been also a couple of Coronas and tacos at best taco places in town, the street restaurants El Iterate and Burrito Revolution.
Our sleepy surfer village turned out to be a party animal but once we bought earplugs we have managed to sleep a bit during the nights too. So Sayulita, you still make us smile!
More on Travel with a Silver Lining
- Want to know more about relaxing on Sayulita? Then do not miss my full SAYULITA YOGA SALA REVIEW!
- For the best Mexican food SAYULITA RESTAURANTS, CLICK HERE and to read more about our days in Sayulita, check out MY TRAVEL STORY HERE!
- Fell in love with the Sayulita landscapes? Check out my post on Mexico Instagram gems!
- Check out my top 3 posts! Top 18 Instagram Spots in Lisbon, My Amalfi Coast Photography Guide and the Top 10 Hipster Restaurants in Moscow!
- If boutique hotels in beautiful places are your jam, don’t forget to check out my favorite boutique hotels from 2018, and my post on Sydney’s luxury hotels!
Booking & Tours Information
Inspired to have yourself a Sayulita Mexico yoga retreat? Below are the best tours to plan your trip to the beautiful yoga Sayulita shalas!
- Flights: Find the best flights to the Mexican Pacific HERE. Momondo is my Go To All in One Travel App. If you have not downloaded it yet – just CLICK HERE!
- Transfer. Book a luxurious transfer from the airport to your Sayulita hotel here!
- Hotels. Book your stay at Petit Hafa Hotel here, or find the lodging of your dreams in Sayulita through Booking.com, clicking here!
- It is also possible to do a day trip to Sayulita from Puerto Vallarta. CHECK IT OUT & BOOK HERE!
- Check out the Get Your Guide city guide for Puerto Vallarta, below!
Did you like this post about Petit Hotel Hafa and Sayulita boutique hotels and want to save it or share it with others? Then see some pins below!