My Favorite Small Luxury Hotels in Rome
When in majestic Rome, you should, of course, stay one of the best small luxury hotels in Rome. Read all about my two favorites below that will make your Rome visit even better, including Roma Luxus Hotel Rome. Indulge in luxury and creative design, enjoy the soul, the experience that these two small luxury hotels in Rome offer.
1. Roma Luxus Hotel Rome – Overall Rating & Experience
Rome as seen from an 18th century palace…this hotel is just amazing! I fell in love the minute I entered this design heaven! If you’re wondering where the best small luxury hotels in Rome are, then look no further.
Dubbed The Eternal City due to its broad history and charm, it’s almost too easy to have a grand old time in Rome – specially when you’re staying at the Roma Luxus Hotel! Located in the old part of town, specifically in the trendy up-and-coming neighbourhood of Monti, this renovated 18th century palace quickly became one my favorite hotels ever!
This luxurious spot is everything you should expect from small luxury hotels in Rome: it’s stylish and yet cosy, filled with older details and still retaining very modern and up-to-date accommodations – and all with a noticeable personal touch. Beautiful, spacious and with amazing service, this place is a dream come true.
- Design & Boutique Feeling: 5
- Room & Other Facilities: 5
- Food & Drinks: 4
- Service: 5
- Location: 5
Design & Boutique Feeling
Originally a convent when built in the 18th century, the Roma Luxus Hotel Rome currently holds a downright exquisite design, with different styles depending on the section of the hotel, each unique and with its own very particular characteristics. Still, the design of each area is carefully thought-out: the colors and style of each setting matches the next, and there’s never any dissonance. Just what you’d expect of one of the best small luxury hotels in Rome!
Filled with the luxury of a time long gone by, this palace remains a very cosy spot. Plus, it felt like every inch of the place had a secret and fascinating story to tell!
Room & Other Facilities
We stayed in Room 303 of Roma Luxus Hotel Rome, a luxurious suite on the third floor. What about having a huge tub in the living room – the palace way, of course. Our room also had a small balcony overlooking the nearby houses, as well as an adorable pink plush sofa. The bedroom was super cosy, too! All in all what you expect and more from small luxury hotels in Rome.
Also, the owners of Roma Luxus Hotel Rome have made it a point to decorate each room with “Made in Italy” furniture, for an extra touch of authenticity. all to make this a gem among small luxury hotels in Rome.
As for the rest of the hotel facilities, every piece of this place is made with great design and lighting. Loved the cool corridors with jungle theme and the colorful common living room. Not to mention the impressive facade, which looks straight out of a film!
Food & Drinks
As one of the best small luxury hotels in Rome, the Roma Luxus Hotel Rome has two restaurants: Yugo Fusion and Madre. While we didn’t try breakfast at the former, we did get lunch at Madre, and became completely enamored with the décor – it’s basically an Instagram post waiting to happen!
A semi-outdoor restaurant that’s perfect for a meal during the nicest days of summer, the look of Madre is based on a “sitting room nestled in a tropical garden,” providing an extra layer of freshness. A gem of Roma Luxus Hotel Rome. As for the menu, it mixes Italian cuisine with South American flavors, and the pizza was downright delicious. Another must when staying at one of the best small luxury hotels in Rome.
The service was superb, the vibe was intoxicating and, during the evenings, the restaurant was always full, particularly the bar. Do book in advance!
Top Notch Service – A Must For Small Luxury Hotels in Rome
The service of this gem among small luxury hotels in Rome was all-around super friendly and professional, with the kind of niceness that will put a smile on your face every time: a 5-star experience. This type of treatment is what really sets the best luxury boutique hotels in Rome apart!
Location: Roma Luxus Hotel Rome
At the heart of old Rome, the hotel is a walking distance away from the most iconic Roman landmarks, including the Colosseum, Piazza Venezia, and the Spanish Steps. Also, this neighbourhood, in particular, Monti, is filled with picturesque boutiques and restaurants located in sweet and charming little streets. One of the best small luxury hotels in Rome to get lost in the magic of this magic city that ruled the West for hundreds of years.
Would you like to stay at Roma Luxus Hotel Rome? THEN BOOK IT HERE!
2. Gens Luxury Suites Rome – Overall Rating & Experience
Located in another of my favorite Rome neighbourhood, close to Piazza Navona, you will find the next star among small luxury hotels in Rome. A truly charming and elegant place to spend your Rome nights. Located in a renaissance building, you feel like entering someone’s home when entering. A luxury one. The suites breath Italian luxury and design. Loved the cozy living room, the comfy bed and hip bathroom. The service is truly extraordinary at this place, making you feel at home the minute you enter.
There are not so many other facilities here than the suites, a small reception and a small breakfast venue but you have some of the best areas just outside the door. One of the best treat was that the breakfast could be served in bed every day! This gem among small luxury hotels in Rome will for sure make your stay a memorable one!
- Design & Boutique Feeling: 5
- Rooms & Other Facilities: 4
- Food & Drinks: 3 (only breakfast)
- Service: 5
- Location: 5
More from Travel with a Silver Lining
- Read my full review of Gens Luxury Suites in my Hotel Review Post:
- Want more hotel inspiration like this post about small luxury hotels in Rome? Then check out my Lisbon Boutique Hotel Post & the best boutique hotels on the Amalfi Coast.
- For a new favourite lodging, look at my post on Our Boutique Heaven in Sydney. Or read about every hotel I’ve visited since starting the blog, on my Top +50 Luxury Boutique Hotels in the World post!
- Check out my top 3 posts: My Lisbon Instagram Guide, My Favorite Trendy Restaurants in Moscow, and my Amalfi Coast Photography Guide.
Booking Support & Input
- Flight. MOMONDO helps you find the best rate for your days in Rome, at any time of the year. Don’t forget to download their all-in-one travel app HERE!
- Transfer. Go from the airport to Roma Luxus Hotel Rome in a heartbeat by booking your transfer ahead, HERE!
- Hotel. For more incredible small luxury hotels in Rome, head to BOOKING, HERE!
- Guide. Find a local host to show you around Rome on HI HI, and see the city from the real perspective – by clicking HERE!
- Tour. Book the Roman experience of your dreams through GET YOUR GUIDE. How about this Catacombs & St John in Lateran Combo Tour?
- Find the Rome city guide, below!
Did you like this post of the best small luxury hotels in Rome and want to save it or share it with others? Then see some pins below!