Amalfi Coast Road Trip – Ravello
It was time to head back to Rome after some lovely days on the Amalfi Coast! There’s always time for an Amalfi coast road trip! This time we were going to discover Ravello and the many things to do in Ravello!
But before that, we had one more treasure to discover on the next stop of our Amalfi Coast road trip – Ravello! 15 minutes drive from Amalfi, high up in the hills, we found this charming little village that is said to have captivated countless souls, inspired artists and filled hearts with passion. And captivated we got!
The Romantic Streets & Romantic Pathways – Things to do in Ravello
We got greeted by Piazza Vescovado, the center of Ravello full of cafés and restaurants and with the Duomo – the white cathedral – as the main attraction.
Continuing beyond the square we slowly but surely started to uncover the beauty of the romantic medieval streets lined with small gardens, squares and colorful houses. Step by step, taking it all in, getting lost in these picturesque part of Ravello!
Ravello must be heaven for every painter and along the ancient stone pathways, you can admire some of their masterpieces and watch the painters’s work coming to life!
I could have been stayed here for ever but the best part of Ravello was waiting – the ravishing gardens and stupendous views!
Being the historical and cultural center of Ravello, Villa Rufolo, was built by a wealthy merchant family in the 13th century. And wealthy they must have been as back then it was one of the largest and most expensive villas on the Amalfi Coast. This place is just stunning. The court yards, the medieval buildings and last but not least, the design of the villa itself. The stone walls, the floors, the beautiful hand made doors, the pastel colors… Just imagine waking up here every morning!
The True, Unexpected Magic
But what took our breaths away was when, in the foot steps of Wagner, we stepped out in the gardens facing the sea and reached the magnificent view points .
What Wagner saw impressed him so much that he and famously exclaimed “I have discovered Klingsor’s garden”. We were just speechless! To describe this sight, you must be a much better writer than I am and sometimes an image or two says more than thousands words!
Certainly the best view on the Amalfi Coast and by some even exclaimed the best view in the world!
Even though we did not wanted to leave Ravello, it was time to head back to Rome and this time we took the a nerve-tingling drive crossing the mountains, ending with another magnificent view of Pompeii and Vesuvio!
After having seen many amazing photos from the Amalfi Coast, our expectations were sky high but some places are just more beautiful in real life than in images. The Amalfi Coast is for sure one of them and a road trip here is for sure something out of the ordinary!!!
More on Travel with a Silver Lining
As you can see from Amalfi Coast travel guide, this is one of my top destinations. I have written lots of posts about it so if you need inspiration or support before you are booking check them out below.
- MY TOP 4 AMALFI COAST BOUTIQUE HOTELS
- POSITANO, YOU STOLE MY HEART
- AMALFI COAST ROAD TRIP
- AMALFI, SHINE BRIGHT LIKE A DIAMOND
Go beyond Amalfi and check out some of my other posts!
- I love Rome and tend to return here over and over again. Do not miss my posts about MY DAYS IN ROME, MY ROME TRAVEL GUIDE, THE TOP 2 LUXURY BOUTIQUE HOTELS IN ROME as well as THE BEST HIP EATERIES IN ROME.
- For more beautiful boutique hotels around the world, check out my list of The Best Luxury Lodgings of 2018!
- Get my favourite fashion tips and secrets on the Travel in Style section of the blog!
- For another breathtaking place on the Mediterranean, check out my post on the 17 Most Instagram Worthy Spots in Mykonos!
- Check out my top 3 posts: My Lisbon Instagram Guide, My Favorite Trendy Restaurants in Moscow, and my Amalfi Coast Photography Guide.
Booking Support & Input
- Flight. MOMONDO offers once-in-a-lifetime flight deals to the Amalfi Coast. Download their all-in-one travel app HERE!
- Transfers. For airport transfer from Naples, BOOK A PRIVATE HERE or a SHARED HERE.
- Hotels. Find the lodging of your dreams in the Amalfi Coast through BOOKING.COM, HERE!
- Guide. I love to explore cities beyond the crowd and what can be better than doing it with a local guide? Check out THIS COOL SITE & SERVICE HI, HI, where you can book customised tours with a local!
- Tour. For a great range of tours, check out ALL GET YOUR GUIDE TOURS HERE. I always book tours with them as they are great and easy to book online in advance. Check out their Ravello activity guide, below!
Did you like this post and want to save it or share it with others? Then see some pins below!