Things to do in Sayulita
When Fredrik and I met we were both on our way to Christmas vacays. Fredrik was off to Bali to chill and surf. He said he was a good surfer and I was imagining watching this handsome guy surf from the beach… but no surfing pics came and two years later he admitted that he had never surfed:)! However, one early Sayulita morning I finally got my surfer guy! In a quiet beach south of Punta Mita, it was time for the first try. From my blanket, I watched his first trembling rides. Just looking at this process proved to be one of my favorite things to do in Sayulita. And that includes where to stay in Sayulita!
A natural at surfing
Watch Mr Surfer’s first rides in the video below!
When in Surfer mood we also did an excursion to the beaches south of Puerto Vallarta for some SUP and snorkeling with lovely Ale and Omar from Stand UP Sayulita. A great day with a lot of swimming (at least for me) due to the wavy water:)!
Watch our SUP adventure in the video below!
Except for surfing, Sayulita is great place for yoga and mindfulness. At Moon Shala in the middle of Sayulita town, I tried my first meditation class but it was at my favorite yoga studio, Paraiso Yoga, that most of my mornings started.
After two months traveling, your body gets a bit soar… traveling can be hard:)! This is easily cured by some beach massage and a couple of hours at the new cosy beauty salon Bendita Waxing Studio & Spa with organic product, great massage and service!
Where to stay in Sayulita?
After a week in “down town”, we were happy to find the quiet neighborhood at Avenida Del Palmar 60 and our new rustic home. Here we celebrated Christmas, prepared our own breakfasts (something you miss after this long time on the road) and watched movies on Netflix – almost like home!
But it was 3 minutes walk from our apartment we spent most of our time – at the most beautiful and quiet part of the Sayulita beach. Morning and evening walks, reading, playing in the powerful waves, chilling at the beach restaurant La Terrazola.
We have said it before…. Life is easier on the beach!
After two weeks of relaxing Sayulita life, we are ready to see what the east side has to offer.
Tulum here we come!
More on Travel with a Silver Lining
- Want to know more about relaxing on Sayulita? Then do not miss my full SAYULITA YOGA SALA REVIEW!
- For the best Mexican food SAYULITA RESTAURANTS, CLICK HERE and for the cutest boutique hotel and best place to stay in Sayulita, check out my FULL SAYULITA HOTEL POST here!
- Fell in love with the Sayulita landscapes? Check out my post on Mexico Instagram gems!
- Check out my top 3 posts! Top 18 Instagram Spots in Lisbon, My Amalfi Coast Photography Guide and the Top 10 Hipster Restaurants in Moscow!
- If boutique hotels in beautiful places are your jam, don’t forget to check out my favorite boutique hotels from 2018, and my post on Sydney’s luxury hotels!
Booking & Tours Information
Inspired to have yourself a Sayulita Mexico yoga retreat? Below are the best tours to plan your trip to the beautiful yoga Sayulita shalas!
- Flights: Find the best flights to the Mexican Pacific HERE. Momondo is my Go To All in One Travel App. If you have not downloaded it yet – just CLICK HERE!
- Transfer. Book a luxurious transfer from the airport to your Sayulita hotel here!
- Hotels. Book your stay at Petit Hafa Hotel here, or find the lodging of your dreams in Sayulita through Booking.com, clicking here!
- It is also possible to do a day trip to Sayulita from Puerto Vallarta. CHECK IT OUT & BOOK HERE!
- Check out the Get Your Guide city guide for Puerto Vallarta, below!
Did you like this post on things to do in Sayulita and want to save it or share it with others? Then see some pins for where to stay in Sayulita, below!