After spring feelings in Copenhagen, the spring continued in Stockholm. At least for a couple of days. Unfortunately, I was locked into a meeting room the full week but the last night I managed to get out into to the city pulse and try out some new places in Stockholm. Read further to discover my best hotels in Stockholm as well as my best restaurants in Stockholm.
At Six – Best Hotels in Stockholm
First out was the new design hotel, At Six. Located at Brunkebergstorg, this new design hotel is a bit of a hidden secret with its discreet entrance. Once you have found it you enter a world of exclusive and thought through design! No wonder it’s one of the best hotels in Stockholm.
The marble stairway and sculpture as well as the design of the lobby give a luxurious yet spacious impression and this goes for the entire hotel. You can tell that a lot of effort has been put into the design, the choice of material, all to create a modern and innovative experience. For example why not have a tipsy tea in the cocktail bar or listen to some music in the listening room?
The rooms are decorated in darker part of the color palette mixed with design elements like a marble desk, cool bed lamps and a lounge seating to enjoy the cocktail set provided in the room. The king size bed was magic and so was the big choice of pillows!
One of the highlights was the breakfast buffet with fresh juices, chia pudding and a lot of tasty meals and healthy options.
At Six for sure is a new addition to the Stockholm hotel scene with its modern and thought through design and concept. Even though the design is a bit too raw and rough for my taste and the staff need some more time to get all pieces together, I am sure At Six will be a popular hotel and meeting point in the future!
Tegelbacken – Best Restaurants in Stockholm
Just a 10 minute walk from At Six Hotel we found Restaurang Tegelbacken – Marcus Aujalay’s newly opened place. A pink heaven with a romantic and glamorous design. Jenny and I just smiled when leaving the rain behind us and got greeted by the truly service minded staff. We quickly found our spot in the pink bar and tried out two delicious cocktails, of course also pink. We did not tried the food but I am sure that the middle size dishes are as exciting as the design. It’ll definitely be added to my list of best restaurants in Stockholm.
Público – Best Restaurants in Stockholm
Having spent three months in South America I have become a big fan of the South American kitchen and to end the night at Público turned out to be a perfect choice and an addition to my best restaurants in Stockholm.. Here you will not only find exciting food inspired by the Peruvian and Mexican kitchen but also a vibrant atmosphere, an 18 meter long pisco- and tequila bar, long dining tables mixed with smaller tables, all to inspire you to share and socializing. Well, a piece of South America in the middle of Stockholm!
I must say that all my new acquaintances delivered above expectations and I can highly recommend them all!
More from Travel with a Silver Lining
After living there for more than ten years in this city, Stockholm holds a special place in my heart. Here are a few more posts on the thriving Swedish capital!
- Read my list of the coolest things to see in Stockholm in my 2017 travel story. For more of the best boutique hotels Stockholm, head here. To see a little about my hometown, small Swedish town Kalmar, click here!
- For more wonderful hotels, check out a new favourite on my Sydney hotel review!
- If you’re looking for inspiration beyond the best boutique hotels Stockholm read about my favorite boutique hotels from 2018 here!. Or just head to my full list of +50 hotels around the world!
- Check out my top 3 posts: My Lisbon Instagram Guide, My Favorite Trendy Restaurants in Moscow, and my Amalfi Coast Photography Guide.
Booking Support & Input
- Flight. Reach Stockholm with the best prices by booking your flight through MOMONDO. Download their incredible all-in-one travel app HERE!
- Transfer. Book a transfer from the airport to your dreamy Stockholm hotel in advance HERE!
- Hotels. Find the coolest boutique hotels Stockholm by heading to Booking.com!
- Guide. If you’re anything like me, when you travel, you want to get the most unique experience in each city. That’s what makes me love HI, HI so much. Through their platform, you can find local guides that will take you off the beaten path in big cities. Just the experience you crave!
- Tours. One unmissable visit before all my travels is Get Your Guide. This amazing website offers unique tours for some of the biggest cities in the world, so you always leave with unforgettable experiences. This wonderful boat tour of Stockholm during the winter is a pure Scandinavian dream!
- Check out the Get Your Guide city guide for Stockholm to find more incredible tours!
Did you like this post and want to save it for later or share it with others? Find some pins for this post below!