One of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world, the Armenian capital has a long history that dates all the way back to the 8th century, making it a truly enchanting place for history buffs. Yerevan’s architecture, which combines ancient Armenian curves with straight Soviet lines and even details taken from cosmopolitan European cities like Paris , Vienna and Saint Petersburg. Despite this eclectic mix and the all-around beauty of the Armenian capital, it’s rare to find a boutique hotel Yerevan. So, we were pretty happy to have found the Tufenkian Hotel Yerevan!
Part of a small-to-medium Armenian hotel chain, the Tufenkian Heritage Hotels, the hotel is relatively big, with a lovely design based on Armenian architecture, even including Tufenkian Carpets sewing.
1. Design & Boutique Feeling: 3
2. Room & Other Facilities: 4
3. Food & Drinks: 3
4. Service: e
5. Location: 4
Design & Boutique Feeling
With 83 rooms, this place is a bit bigger than your average boutique hotel Yerevan, yet it still retains a certain local charm. The décor is Armenian traditional, with a very cool concept and story, enough to keep you enthralled, and a great place to surround yourself in the luxuries of a time gone by.
While technically new, having only opened its doors in 2012, the Tufenkian Hotel Yerevan’s impressive facade is a great homage. This boutique hotel Yerevan throws you back to the late 19th century and early 20th-century Armenian structures. Its construction was an effort between local architects and world-renowned designers like Clodagh and James Tufenkian.
Room & Other Facilities
They have six types of rooms available at the Tufenkian hotel Yerevan, with different included amenities. We stayed at one of their Executive Suites, which had an amazing view of the small square located right outside. The Armenian-style décor was lovely, with dark-colored blankets from the store below. The room was very spacious with a comfy bed, while the bathroom was very modern.
As for the hotel’s facilities, my favorite spot was around the pool, an area that also included an inner yard and sunbeds to relax and soak in the sun. In the summer, feel the boutique hotel Yerevan vibes and relax after a long day taking in the sights!
Food & Drinks
We didn’t eat much at the Tufenkian Hotel while we were staying there, only breakfast. It was unfortunately not particularly impressive, with a buffet with an okay assortment, less than impressive for a boutique hotel Yerevan.
However, they have a restaurant that looked pretty interesting, Kharpert, which is dedicated to Eastern and Western Armenian cuisine. On the website, they make a point of specifying that they take their flavors from even the smallest villages in the country.
There’s also a bar and lounge.
The service at theTufenkian Hotel was as good as expected, although I expected more from a boutique hotel Yerevan.
TheTufenkian Hotel is located downtown, where most of the city’s landmarks are located. The iconic Republic Square is just a few steps away, so it’s a perfect location for a boutique hotel Yerevan! There’s also a flea market right outside, which adds an extra layer of authenticity to our experience in town, as it allowed us to be a little more imbued in the local culture. All in all, the location of this hotel is fantastic for anyone visiting to see the sights!
Would you like to stay at Tufenkian Historic Yerevan? THEN BOOK IT HERE!
More from Travel with a Silver Lining
- Inspired to visit the East? Check out my post on THE BEST EASTERN EUROPEAN CITIES TO VISIT
- For the road less travelled when visiting Europe, check out THE 8 MOST BEAUTIFUL SUMMER DESTINATIONS IN EUROPE
- Do you love boutique hotels as much as I do? Then check out OUR BOUTIQUE HEAVEN STEPS AWAY FROM THE SYDNEY HARBOUR!
- For more lodgings, see THE BEST LUXURY BOUTIQUE HOTELS 2018. And if you’re looking for hotel inspiration, why not see my list of +50 LUXURY BOUTIQUE HOTELS IN THE WORLD?
- Check out my top 3 posts: My Lisbon Instagram Guide, My Favorite Trendy Restaurants in Moscow, and my Amalfi Coast Photography Guide.
Booking Support & Input
- Flight. MOMONDO can help you find the best flight rates for Yerevan! Download their all-in-one travel app HERE.
- Transfer. Book a private transfer from the Yerevan airport to your hotel HERE!
- Hotel. Find more Yerevan hotels through BOOKING!
- Tour. GET YOUR GUIDE is my favorite place to find one-of-a-kind experiences anywhere I go. Check out this Yerevan: City Tour and Tasting at a Brandy Factory!
- See the Get Your Guide city guide for Yerevan, below!
Did you like this boutique hotel Yerevan post and want to save it for later or share it with others? Find some pins for the Tufenkian Hotel below!