Sailing in Whitsunday Islands
Time for some Whitsundays sailing adventures, namely three days of sailing in Whitsunday Islands!
The sun was shining, the wind perfect and there she was. The blue beauty that would take us out on a 3 days sailing in Whitsunday Islands. The Whitsunday sailing adventures, we will never forget! Filled by tropical colors, lazy days on the beautiful Bliss, the absolutely gorgeous Whitehaven beach, early mornings and stunning evenings and sunsets. Add great company and delicious food – life on the Whitsunday Bliss was just perfect and a must if you are up for some tropical indulgence and luxury!
Do not miss Our Whitsundays Travel Vlog on Youtube or in the end of the post!
I hope you will enjoy our sailing in Whitsunday islands as much as we did. For more practical information about how to book unforgettable Whitsunday sailing adventures, find links, etc in the bottom of the post. In the meantime, check out all the incredible experiences Get Your Guide has to offer!
The Whitsundays – A True Tropical Paradise
When in the world down under, a visit to the Whitsunday islands is a must. A true paradise with a tropical archipelago surrounded by the most stunning turquoise water and one of the most beautiful white sandy beach I have ever seen in. A truly memorable place and what can be better than exploring it by sailing in Whitsunday islands on a luxury sailboat!
Sailing in the Whitsunday Islands was our last stop of our 2 months travel in Australia and New Zealand and of course we wanted the end to be special. In true Travel with a Silver Lining style, we were looking for a luxury and personal experience of our Whitsunday travel. All that and more we got …. We experienced one of the best Whitsundays sailings adventures, so join us on this journey!
The Whitsunday Bliss – Our Blue Beauty!
Said to be the most beautiful boat for sailing in Whitsunday islands by everyone we met. Our expectations where high but she did not disappoint. Gracefully she was awaiting us at the end of the edge of the harbour. A Jutson 60 luxury cruising yacht with lots of space to hang out on deck and with three suites and a big kitchen, she for sure gave us a great welcome!
A big smile and warm greeting by Peter, our lovely skipper, gave us a great feel of what was awaiting. After a tour of this beauty and introduction to our chef and our small American group consisting of two lovely couples Brooke & Brian and Kacie & Brad, it was time to head out into the blues for one of the best Whitsundays sailing adventures.
Unforgettable Delux Whitsundays Sailing Adventures
There is something special with sailing and if you do the sailing in Whitsunday islands, even more so. The silence, the closeness to the power of our amazing nature – the wind and waves moving you forward. When the sails where up, an almost meditative atmosphere appeared. Our otherwise vibrant and cheerful group, turned silent. We all found our favorite spots and just enjoyed the gorgeous setting, taking it all in, loosing our mind and thoughts to just being here and now!
Just one skipper on this big boat. One of my first thought when starting our sailing in Whitsunday islands. But quickly we realised that Peter was one of the best, managing the boat totally seamless and with a truly impressive skill that you can only gain after years on the sea. His stories mesmerised us. The history of the British, the Dutch, the famous Abel Tasman, the reason of the names of the islands and the passages of the Whitsundays. The personal touch making this one of the best Whitsundays Sailing Adventures.
The Mesmerising Evenings and Nights
After sailing in Whitsunday islands for more than 10 years, Peter knew this place by heart. Checking the wind conditions regularly and planning where to stop for the best stops and night conditions.
The sunsets, another factor making this one of the best Whitsundays sailing adventures. The golden hour or rather a silver hour. Light turning into a silver shade, yellow turning pink, the breeze, the tropical setting. I will keep this moments of sailing in Whitsunday islands in my mind for a long time!
We explored the bay for our stay in our small motor boat, found an small empty coral beach which even had an Instagram swing!
Our young chef Jackie, surprised us with her creativity at every meal. Deliciously cooked dishes with a tropical touch. The food tastes so much better when on a boat, sailing in Whitsunday islands, accompanied by tasty wine and great company. The evenings on one of the best Whitsundays sailing adventures slowly turned into night. After the dessert we all ended the day under the stars. Getting swept away by the natural beauty our world is offering us!
The last night we got some true adventure of this sailing in Whitsunday islands. Waking up in the middle of the night by the boat moving from one side to another, the sound of the glasses in the kitchen. The wind had changed direction and increased in strength. Once again Peter showed his experience. The ones awake, went up on deck and enjoyed the most beautiful sky with the strongest stars I have ever seen, while Peter took us to a calmer bay for some more hours of sleep.
The morning & Days
When sailing in Whitsunday islands, you want to wake up early to catch the morning magic. The peacefulness, the last part of the sunrise and a delicious breakfast.
Each day, we stopped for some snorkelling, lunch and relaxation. When on the Bliss your problems are far away! You are on one of the best Whitsundays sailing adventures!
The Magic Stop – Whitehaven Beach
Some places truly take you by surprise. The Whitehaven beach was one of those on our sailing in Whitsunday Islands.
Having read a lot about it, being one of the most famous beaches in the world, I was a bit afraid of it being a tourist trap. Once again, the Whitsunday bliss turned out to be one of the best Whitsundays sailing adventures.
Peter knew exactly when to take us there. Arriving when the crowd was leaving around 4 pm we got the entire beach for ourselves.
Me and Fredrik could not stop taking photos. This huge white beach, the silica sand that was creaking under the feet, the surrounding and the water. Almost unreal. No wonder this place is on the list of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
Luckily, we brought the tripod this time and had lots of fun. Even got a photo of the full Swedish/American group.
A 10 minute walk on a small jungle pathway, we found the viewpoint. Once again a mesmerising view over this tropical gem. A paradisiac euphoria! A feeling that I will return to when back in cold and dark Sweden.
We could not have asked for a better end of our 2 months travel than a 3 days of sailing in Whitsunday islands with the Whitsunday Bliss! Just the best and most unforgettable Whitsundays sailing adventures.
Thanks a million Peter, Jackie, Kacy, Brad, Brooke & Brian for making this trip a truly memorable one! Hope to see you all some day in another part of the world!
Our Whitsunday Travel Vlog
Want to see more from this tropical bliss, then check out our Whitsuanday Travel Vlog!
Sailing in Whitsunday Islands – How to book ?
Want to go for a sailing adventure in the Whitsundays? See some practical information below:
The Bliss – One of the best Whitsundays Sailing Adventures
Sailing in Whitsunday islands? Time to book? Then check out the Whitsunday Bliss site here or contact Peter directly via the Facebook Page. Some good things to know before heading out on one of the best Whitsundays sailing adventures:
- Alcohol: Alcohol is not included in the prices so bring a bottle or two of your favorite wine and champagne for some great lunches and dinner out at sea
- Food: All food are cocked and planned in advance so let them know any allergies in advance and you will have an even better experience. Would recommend to bring some snacks as the days are long when sailing in Whitsunday islands
- The Suites: There are three suites at the bliss. Two in the end of the boat that has a bed for two and a small ensuite bathroom. These suites are relatively small but has all you need and you do not spend much time here anyway than during the nights. In the front, there is a bigger suite for an even more delux experience
- Equipment: Towels, bed linen as well as snorkel equipment are provided when sailing in Whitsunday islands
- Packing: Given the size of the suites and that you get all you need on the boat, keep your packing light. You can not bring big hard plastic bags on the boat but they can usually be stored at the agent. We had one small beach bag per person with some clothes etc and one extra for the wine:)
- Must things to bring: Do not forget sunscreen, a sun hat, sun glasses, bikini and a great book when sailing in Whitsunday islands. Would also recommend to bring a warmer jumper as the evenings at sea can be a bit more chilly
More from Travel with a Silver Lining
- Want to get more inspiration for traveling in Australia? Then check out my Sydney Photography & Travel Guide, 17 Must-Do Stops along the Great Ocean Road as well as our Magic Days at the Eagles Nest in Tasmania as well as at the Freycinet!
- For more adventures, read all about my no 1 adventure – The Inca Trail, 4 Road Trips that you Can Not Miss as well as One Week Costa Rica Itinerary. For all adventures – check out my Explorista Page and for more Paradise Vacay check here!
- Check out my top 3 posts: My Lisbon Instagram Guide, My Favorite Trendy Restaurants in Moscow, and my Amalfi Coast Photography Guide.
Booking Support & Input
- Flight. Get into Australia at the best rates with Momondo – and don’t forget to download their app!
- Transfer. If you’re flying directly into the area, you can book an airport transfer here!
- Hotel. Find lovely hotels in the Whitsunday Region’s cute beachside village, Airlie Beach, through Booking.com!
- Sailing. There are many options for sailing in Whitsunday Islands, from backpacker boats, budget alternative to private rents. Check out Explore Whitsundays.com , Cruise Whitsundays, and Sailing Whitsundays for more options for the best Whitsundays sailing adventures.
- Tour. Get Your Guide offers the most incredible travel experiences in whatever destination you choose. After sailing around the Whitsunday Islands, why not see them from above with this 1-Hour Whitsunday Islands Scenic Flight from Airlie Beach?
- Find more lovely activities in the area, below!
Did you like this post about sailing in Whitsunday islands, one of the best Whitsundays sailing adventures, and want to save it for later or share it with others? Find some pins for this post below!